6. Complain about a high hedge
Use this form to complain about a neighbour's high hedge that is blocking light to your property or obstructing views.
Our role is to act as an independent and impartial adjudicator. We cannot negotiate or mediate between parties and we can only get involved once you have tried and exhausted all other avenues to resolve your dispute.
Please refer to these guidance notes while completing the form.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
You must be able to answer 'yes' to all of the following points before we can get involved:
- the hedge must be on residential land owned by your immediate neighbour
- it must be made up of a line of 2 or more trees over 2 metres in height
- it must be mostly evergreen
- there may be gaps but it must be detracting from the reasonable enjoyment of your home or garden because it is too tall and is obstructing light or views
- you must have proof of the attempts you have made to resolve the dispute
You will need details about the hedge and the names and address of all parties involved.
You will also need to include a cheque for £350.
We will be in contact with you to discuss the complaint