2. Apply for a licence to operate a riding establishment
If you want to run a riding establishment you will need to apply for a licence. You can do this online.
You'll be charged the following fees for this application:
- £730.00 Part A fee (payable upon application)
- £360.00 Part B fee (payable upon grant of licence)
- £15.20 per horse in excess of 10 horses
Please make sure you view our fees and charges for further information.
You will also need to pay the vet's fee for inspecting the premises. We will ask you to pay this after the inspection has taken place.
- The DEFRA guidelines are available on the CSFG website
Start the journey
More info about the journey
You will need a credit or debit card if paying online
You will need to attach a current certificate of insurance for the business
Following your application we will arrange for a vet to inspect the premises.
The vet will send us their report and the licence will then either be granted and we'll send you your licence in the post or it may be refused or have additional conditions added to it.
If your application is likely to be refused or have additional conditions added we will contact you.