Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Close banner

What if I can't pay my rent

Show all parts of this guide

3. Former tenant arrears

If you used to live in a council house in Exeter and you still have outstanding rent arrears on the property, you are required to make payments to clear this debt. You will not be housed by us, or possibly by any other social landlord, until these arrears are cleared. We will make every effort to trace former tenants.

Failure to make an arrangement, or to clear the arrears, could result in us referring the case to an independent collection agent.