Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Close banner

See our privacy notices for details on how we manage personal information

Private rented property complaints

If your landlord is refusing to carry out repairs we may be able to help you, please use this form to contact the Private Sector Housing team.

Before contacting us you should report repairs to your landlord or letting agent. Please keep copies of all correspondence.


This form is only for alerting us to repairs not being made by your landlord. For other issues please use the following information:

If your landlord has threatened you with homelessness or you need support to prevent you becoming homeless (for example the affordability of the property you currently live in) then please email our Housing Advice team at or call us on 01392 265726 - we may be able to help even if notice has not been served.



Start the journey


More info about the journey

  • your name and address
  • details about your complaint
  • any photos that show the problem
  • your landlord's details

You will be sent an email to confirm that your complaint form has been received and our Private Sector Housing team will contact you shortly.

We will carry out assessments of any defects under the Housing Health and Safety Rating System.  Some of the common issues found in private accommodation are:

When this content has been updated

Last updated 19 August 2019