Edwards Court Extra Care housing scheme
Edwards Court Extra Care housing scheme in Exeter is a new development consisting of 53 apartments (43 x 1beds and 10 x 2beds) available at an affordable rent.
Each apartment has:
- its own front door
- one or two bedrooms
- fully-equipped kitchen
- a shower room with level access shower, washbasin and toilet
The scheme is being built to the Passivhaus energy performance standard and Building Biology principles. Once the building is completed, we will lease it to an experienced extra care housing service provider who will manage and run the scheme on an ongoing basis.
We are currently jointly tendering for this service with Devon County Council. This will provide housing management along with 24/7 personal care and support delivered by an on-site care team.
As well as the apartments, the scheme also has:
- a restaurant
- multi-purpose hobby space
- treatment room
- assisted bathroom
- scooter and cycle store
- a sensory garden
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply for a flat within Edwards Court, you must:
- Be aged 55 years or older, (exceptionally applications will be accepted by people under the age of 55 if they have a disability that means they have care and support needs which could be best met within an extra care housing environment)
- Have an eligible care and support need as defined by the Care Act 2014, and as assessed by Devon County Council adult social care.
- Live within Exeter, or have an established local connection to the City Council area (applicants from the wider Devon County Council area will be considered, but preference will be given to Exeter residents)
- Be living in accommodation that is currently unsuitable for them, leading to increased risks to their health and wellbeing
- Not have over £265,000 in equity or savings
Allocations will be considered and approved by a panel represented by ourselves, Devon County Council and the service provider. As an affordable housing scheme, priority will be given to eligible applicants who meet the above criteria with preference given to Exeter residents.
How to apply?
If you think you meet the criteria to be considered for a flat within Edwards Court, please send any enquires to email@example.com.
These enquiries will be passed to the successful service provider, who will hopefully be in place by April 2022.