- read the advert and supporting files fully to ensure you meet the minimum criteria for the role and can prove this in your application
- if a post is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the advert will make this clear and you should read our policies in relation to the disclosure & barring service and recruitment of ex-offenders
- we display the 2 ticks employment service disability symbol on all job adverts and will therefore interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and will consider them on their abilities
- complete your application form as fully as possible because this is the only document the shortlisting panel will see (unless supporting information continues onto extra sheets, in which case, in the interest of equal opportunities your name will be blanked out from these extra sheets). Please note that shortlisting panels will not be sent any covering letters, CVs, copies of references, certificates or any other information enclosed with applications
- your chance of being selected for interview will be greatly increased if you make special reference in your supporting information to the essential and desirable criteria listed in the person specification.
- we encourage all applications to be submitted online where you can stop and save your application at any point and go back and make amendments, if needed, before you submit your application. Where it is not possible to apply online, a paper copy which requests the same information as our online application is available upon request