See our privacy notices for details on how we manage personal information
We are committed to fighting fraud and corruption and actively encourage employees and members of the public who are concerned about any aspect of our work to tell us.
How do I make a report?
If you want to report suspected fraud or corruption:
- complete our online report a fraud or irregularity form
- email details of your suspicions to email@example.com
- telephone our 24 hour confidential audit hotline 01392 265556
- write to the Assistant Director Finance, Exeter City Council, Civic Centre, Paris Street, Exeter, EX1 1JN. Mark the envelope confidential
We guarantee that all reports will be acted upon and we assure you that any information you provide will be treated in the strictest confidence. You can make a report anonymously if you want but it is helpful if we are able to contact you should we need further details to conduct a full investigation and to provide you with feedback on the outcome.
The Council also has a Whistle Blowing Policy and an Anti Fraud Anti Bribery and Anti Corruption Policy, which forms part of the Council's Constitution. These can be found at 5.6 and 5.7 of the Exeter City Council Constitution.
What kind of thing should I report?
Examples of the kind of thing you may wish to report are:
- fraudulent or corrupt activity by employees, councillors or any other person representing the council
- illegal behaviour by any representative of the council
- risks to health and safety on council property
- abuse or misuse of council assets eg buildings, vehicles or equipment
- waste or uneconomic use of council resources