Fly tipping is the illegal deposit of any waste onto land ie waste dumped or tipped in a place with no licence to accept it.
You can report fly tipping to us using this form.
If the waste appears to be of a hazardous nature, or is in or near a watercourse, contact the Environment Agency or Emergency Hotline on 0800 807060. Any of the following information you can supply would be helpful:
- where the fly-tip is located
- photos of the location and/or what has been tipped
- a description of the person(s) fly tipping
- the date and time the fly tipping was seen, including the time the offence started and finished
- details of any other witnesses with you
- a description (make, colour, markings) and registration number of any vehicle involved
Please note: Due to high levels of reports as well as staff shortages, we are currently experiencing an 8 week delay in responding to fly tipping reports. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
We will need to know:
- the exact location of where it is
- the type of land it is on
- the type and estimated quantity of the waste tipped
Once we receive your report, an officer will visit the area and investigate the fly-tip.
You can also report fly tipping to us by telephoning cleansing services on 01392 265010 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.