Exeter Community Wellbeing: 01392 265000 Monday to Friday 09.00-17.00
Community Action Response: COVID-19
In March 2020, Exeter City Council and Wellbeing Exeter set up Exeter Community Wellbeing to assist individuals and community groups to help and support each other during the COVID-19 outbreak.
A second, temporary lockdown is in place from 5 November 2020 until 2 December 2020.
The advice and support from the government is a bit different this time, but Exeter City Council and Wellbeing Exeter remain committed to working together to provide practical help and support for local people who are affected by the pandemic.
If you need support due to the current government advice, get in touch with Exeter Community Wellbeing on 01392 265000.
Ways we can support you
- Food shopping & delivery for isolating households and the clinically extremely vulnerable
- Urgent prescription collection service
- Access to financial support and food vouchers
- Arranging priority food delivery slots from local supermarket
- Delivery of essential supplies
- Wellbeing check-ins by phone
- Connecting you with people or services who can offer further support
Are you clinically extremely vulnerable?
The government has written to anyone identified as clinically extremely vulnerable to inform them of the latest advice for the temporary lockdown period. Exeter City Council is contacting clinically extremely vulnerable people in Exeter directly by letter, to give them specific details on how to access support locally.
If you or someone you know has been advised to self-isolate due to being clinically extremely vulnerable, please get in touch with Exeter Community Wellbeing on 01392 265000 if you have any support requirements.
The latest government advice can be found on the central government website. There is an additional national online service to request support if you are clinically extremely vulnerable.
Are you feeling lonely or worried about your wellbeing?
- A Wellbeing Exeter Community Connector can work with you in the short-term, linking you to opportunities in the community or online to support your wellbeing, including to others who may be in a similar position. Contact us using the form or telephone number below and ask for a Wellbeing Exeter Community Connector referral.
- Exeter City Community Trust are delivering a new programme "Tackling Loneliness Together" to help members of the community connect with each other for free. They are also instrumental in the front line deliveries to isolating households. You can find out more on their website.
If you, or someone you know, is self-isolating because of COVID-19 and would like some practical support, please get in touch with us using the form or phone number below:
How to get in touch
Please see our Exeter Community Wellbeing privacy notice about how we will use your information.
November 2020 update: For people and organisations offering support, we thank you for your kind offer. We are reconnecting through our networks with volunteers who offered support in the previous lockdown. If you would like to offer support, get in touch with the hotline on 01392 265000 and we will connect you with your local volunteer coordinator.
Find out what people in your community have been doing to support each other on the Exeter Community Wellbeing blog.