3. Apply now
Before you make a claim
Please note this important information:
We can only accept applications from individuals who have a valid notification from NHS Test and Trace telling them to stay at home and self-isolate. Applicants must provide an eight-digit NHS Test and Trace number – not a number from the Isolation Note service.
- If you are claiming as the parent or guardian of someone told to isolate, you must supply either their NHS Test & Trace number or the letter from their school / nursery telling them to isolate
The Test and Trace Support Payment scheme does not cover people who are self-isolating after returning to the UK from abroad, unless they have tested positive for coronavirus or have been told to stay at home and self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace.
Applications can be made on behalf of someone else, but the payment must be made into a bank account in the name of the person for whom the application is being made.
- Please have your evidence ready before starting your application including your National Insurance number, your 8-character NHS Test and Trace Account ID and your most recent bank statement, wage slip or proof of self-employment
Claims can only be made up to 42 days after the period of self-isolation starts. Any longer, and the Council is unable to accept the claim
Please note: Due to exceptionally high demand it may take slightly longer to deal with your claim than normal. If you have not heard from us within a week of making your claim, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember, from 16 August 2021 less people will be required to isolate if they have been in contact with a person who tests positive. You can only make a claim for this payment if you, or a child / young person in your household, have been instructed to isolate.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
You will need:
- your National Insurance number
- your 8-character NHS Test and Trace Account ID
- your most recent bank statement, wage slip or proof of self-employment
We will email you as soon as your claim has been looked at to tell you either:
Your claim has been successful and a payment will be issued or
We need further information to decide your claim or
Your claim does not meet the eligibility conditions of the scheme